There are some days that I am just not into thinking about making dinner. I make decisions all day long and what to eat can feel overwhelming at times. Silly, I know, but true.
Anyway, A few nights back I took a chance and threw some things in a pan, baked it, and the results were AWESOME! So here it is.
From my dysfunctional kitchen to yours….
Stuffed Shell Bake
What you need:
- Package of frozen stuffed shells
- Family size jar of Alfredo sauce. I used Ragu because I had a coupon for it and got it for $1.50!
- Fresh vegetables, I used asparagus, carrots and celery. If I had an onion, that would have gone in there too. I wouldn’t recommend frozen vegetables if you want them to be a little crisp when you eat
- Seasoning of your choice. I went with some dried parsley and a cracked pepper blend with garlic powder and celery powder
- Mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Spread your frozen stuffed shells out in a shallow baking pan. I used a 9×13
- Wash and dice your vegetables, then lay them out evenly in the pan with the stuffed shells
- Sprinkle with your seasonings
- Pour the sauce over everything in the pan and stir it up good so it is all coated evenly
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees
- Uncover and if you want sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on top. Bake for another 5 minutes
- Serve and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
*Adjust accordingly if you are making a double size of the recipe. I would suggest a second jar of sauce if using two bags of frozen stuffed shells.
Please come back and share if you decided to try this out. It was a hit in our house and the leftovers were even better.
Until next time,
One Cool Nerd Mommy
Follow me on Facebook